Fox 2000 Options Laura Dave's Next Book 'The Last Harvest' (Exclusive)
Dave, who wrote "The Divorce Party" and "The First Husband," will also write the script.
Fox 2000 has optioned The Last Harvest, the next book from Laura Dave.
Author of 2006's London Is The Best City In America and 2008's The Divorce Party, Dave most recently released The First Husband in May 2011. Her books' themes center around relationships, family, infidelity and marriage.
Dave will also adapt the screenplay for The Last Harvest, which follows a woman named Georgia Ford, who is just two weeks away from her dream wedding when she sees her fiance walking down the street with another woman -- and a daughter he never told her about. Georgia runs off to her family’s vineyard in Sonoma California for the annual harvest, but discovers that her childhood home is under strain from family drama and a massive corporation looking to buy the winery. A publishing date has not yet been announced for the book.
WME and RWSG repped Dave in the deal.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!