Fox, ABC Start Upfront Ad Deal-Making (Report)
Fox's deals are coming at high-single-digit percentage ad rate increases over last year.
Fox and ABC have kicked off this year's upfront advertising deal-making, AdWeek reported.
Fox has begun putting together commitments from car manufacturers and, given its leadership in the demo of 18-49 year olds, at least two movie studios, it said. Fox's deals come at high-single-digit percentage increases in ad rates over last year's upfront, AdWeek said.
ABC is also focusing on hammering out car and film ad deals, and the young-skewing CW has also started writing upfront ad business, according to the report.
Auto spending is expected to be strong this upfront season, while Hollywood studio spending could come in slightly weaker than last year, AdWeek said.
CBS is expected to take its time in striking deals. Earlier in the week, CBS Corp. CFO Joseph Ianniello told an investor conference that CBS was willing to "hold out for what we deserve." The company has targeted double-digit gains in the upfront.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"