Fox Greenlights Spy Drama From 'Locke & Key' Scribe
Josh Friedman's female-centered action drama has been ordered to pilot at the network that ultimately passed on "Locke & Key."
Fox is back in business with Josh Friedman.
The network has ordered his spy drama The Asset to pilot. The project, which hails from 20th Century Fox, revolves around a female agent set in the New York office of the CIA.
Past Friedman projects set up at Fox include last year's passed over pilot Locke & Key and 2008 series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. This past summer, he inked a three-year deal with 20th TV, which entailed working on his own projects as well as joining The Finder as a consulting producer.
The pilot joins Kevin Williamson's untitled serial killer drama and Greg Berlanti's legal drama Guilty, both ordered to pilot last week.
Friedman, whose big screen credits include The Black Dahlia and War of the Worlds, is repped by UTA.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR