Fox Boosts German Production Team With Magdalena Prosteder and Anna Maria Zundel
UPDATED Fox International Productions Germany had a mega-hit with the local-language comedy “Breakup Man.”
Fox International Productions Germany is doubling down on local-language production with a pair of new executive hires aimed at strengthening the development and production of German features at the Berlin-based studio outlet.
Magdalena Prosteder and Anna Maria Zundel have joined FIP Germany as production executives tasked with the acquisition and development of German feature films. They will work with and report to Vincent de la Tour, managing director of Fox's German operations, and to Germar Tetzlaff, who runs marketing as well as local productions and acquisitions.
"Anna and Magdalena will be instrumental in continuing to build-out our local operations in Germany. Vincent de la Tour has done a superb job in both managing and distributing our local films in Germany, and this expanded production team brings additional strength to the already excellent local team," said Fox International Productions president Sanford Panitch.
Added de la Tour: "Local productions are of course a major component [of our business], and we believe to have found exactly the right people for the job with Anna and Magdalena.”
FIP's German production outfit had a huge hit last year with the romantic comedy Breakup Man, directed by and starring Matthias Schweighofer, which earned some $24 million in Germany. Fox has several German features in the pipeline, including the children's book adaptation Rico, Oskar and the Pasta Detectives and the teen comedy Playing Doctor.
Marco Mehlitz will shift roles within Fox's German operation, focusing on English-language European and German co-productions, including the upcoming thriller Agent 47.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"