Fox Business Network Shifting Primetime Focus, Drops 3 Series
In a move to make room for an incoming series from Melissa Francis and boost business coverage, "FreedomWatch," "Power & Money" and "Follow the Money" leave the schedule in February.
Fox Business Network is doing away with its evening lineup.
The four-year-old cable news channel announced late Thursday that it plans to air encores of its early evening business programs between 8:00 and 11:00 p.m., before a new series from Melissa Francis debuts later in the year.
As a part of the move, FreedomWatch with Judge Andrew Napolitano, Power & Money with David Asman and Follow the Money with Eric Bolling are all off the lineup, effective Feb. 20. In their place, encores of The Willis Report, Cavuto and Lou Dobbs Tonight will air at 8:00, 9:00 and 10:00 p.m., respectively.
“Neil Cavuto, Lou Dobbs and Gerri Willis are the most trusted names in business news and this new lineup affords Fox Business viewers additional access to their no-nonsense take on the day’s financial events," network EVP Kevin Magee said in a statement. "We look forward to Judge Napolitano, David and Eric continuing to make significant contributions to both Fox Business and Fox News. In addition to daily branded segments, each of them will be showcased throughout future programming on both networks.”
Eventually, FBN will move the original broadcast of The Willis Report to 8:00 p.m., making room for Francis' upcoming series to enter the schedule at 5:00 p.m., and giving the network live financial-focused coverage through 9:00 p.m.
At the time of the news, FBN said that Asman, Bolling and Napolitano would all maintain significant presence on the network and sister net, FNC.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)