Fox Changes 'Neighborhood Watch' to 'The Watch' After Florida Shooting (Video)
Fox releases a new red band trailer for the retitled summer alien invasion comedy, starring Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Jonah Hill and Richard Ayoade.
Twentieth Century Fox has changed the title of Neighborhood Watch to The Watch in order to avoid possible connections to the shooting death of Trayvon Martin by a neighborhood watch volunteer in Florida.
"As the subject matter of this alien invasion comedy bears no relation whatsover to the recent tragic events in Florida, the studio altered the title to avoid any accidental or unintended misimpression that it might cause," Fox said in a statement.
The studio revealed the name change when debuting a new red band railer for The Watch, which opens July 27. Directed by Akiva Schaffer, the R-rated comedy stars Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Jonah Hill and Richard Ayoade as a group of neighborhood watch volunteers who discover aliens in their midst.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR