EXCLUSIVE: Fox Courting 'Bond 23' Distribution
Add 20th Century Fox to the list of studios looking to distribute upcoming MGM films, including, of course, the next installment in the James Bond franchise.
As THR previously reported, the new MGM management team of Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum has been talking informally to Paramount, where Barber and Birnbaum have a long-standing relationship. But last Friday, they also listened to a pitch from top Fox executives, who argue that their studio would do the best job exploiting Bond, as well as other future MGM films. They also believe they could wring the most out of the MGM library.
Fox has had a longstanding deal to distribute MGM movies on DVD and its films overseas, though that pact is set to expire in September.
The other contender for a deal with MGM is Sony Pictures, which successfully released the last two Bond films and is said to be on good terms with the Broccoli family, owner of the Bond rights.
The negotiation is likely to be sorted out in the next couple of weeks.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR