Fox Picks Up Dating Game Show From 'American Idol,' 'X Factor' Producers
FremantleMedia's stateside incarnation of speed-dating U.K. series "Take Me Out" bows June 7.
Fox is getting back into the game show business -- with a romantic twist.
The network has ordered episodes of the dating series Take Me Out, based on the successful British program, from American Idol and The X Factor producers FremantleMedia. The hourlong series kicks off at 8 p.m. Thursday, June 7.
As on the original show, Take Me Out will be filmed in front of a studio audience and narrow down a group of 30 women vying for the same bachelor over a series of four rounds. At the start, the women make the calls with the bachelor, choosing whether to pursue him by keeping the lights at their podium on or turning them off. As the rounds proceed, the man reveals more about himself to help the women make a decision. If a woman declines the bachelor, she proceeds to another game with another bachelor. Toward the end of the game, the man is given the option of turning out the ladies' lights to narrow his decision before the ultimate winner is decided by one final question.
No host has been set for Take Me Out, but the series is in the process of casting men and women to compete on the show. It's produced by FremantleMedia North America, with Jeff Apploff serving as executive producer and Jack Martin and Kevin Williams as co-EPs.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR