Fox Defends Premium VOD Plans
Jim Gianopulos, co-chairman of Fox Filmed Entertainment, says early in-home releases will focus on underperforming films, like "127 Hours" - which earned James Franco an Oscar nod, but only grossed $18.3 million in theaters.
NEW YORK - Fox Filmed Entertainment plans to use a controversial emerging early window for film releases on VOD, known as premium VOD, only in select cases and mostly for movies that appeal to adult viewers, but have not realized their full potential in theaters.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR