Fox Developing Aircraft Carrier Drama From 'House' Producers
Russel Friend and Garrett Lerner are prepping an upstairs/downstairs drama set in a naval aircraft carrier.
Fox is developing a workplace drama from former House executive producers.
The ensemble, which hails from Russel Friend and Garrett Lerner, takes place in a naval aircraft carrier. The setting allows for an upstairs/downstairs dynamic, with both the 18- to 20-year-olds who risk their lives on the job and the female fighter pilot who attempts to a solve a murder that occurs on board.
The untitled project is set up at 20th Century Fox TV, where the pair is currently under a two-year overall deal. It has received a script commitment plus penalty.
Prior to the seven seasons on the Fox medical drama, Friend and Lerner’s credits include Boston Public, Roswell and FreakyLinks. They are repped by WME and Ziffren Brittenham.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lars's Real Girl: Charlotte Gainsbourg on Fame, Nymphomaniac, and Working With von Trier
- Edelstein on Le Week-End: Unbelievably Marvelous, in Light of Its Depressing Trajectory
- Ebiri: If Need for Speed Were a Silent Movie, It Would Be the Most Amazing Racing Movie Ever
- A&E Pulls Chloë Sevingy's Those Who Kill