Former Fox Exec Peter Kang Joins Paramount
The new vp, production, oversaw "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" and Fox's book division, and worked with James Cameron, Tim Burton and Baz Luhrmann.
Paramount has hired Peter Kang as executive vp, production.
Two weeks ago Kang left 20th Century Fox, which had been his home since 1996.
Kang is known for overseeing Fox hits like Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and for running its New York-based book division, overseeing the acquisitions of rights to Gillian Flynn’s Gone Girl and Ransom Riggs’ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.
He's worked with filmmakers ranging from James Cameron and Tim Burton to Tony Scott and Baz Luhrmann.
“Peter’s experience and creativity, coupled with his longstanding relationships in the film industry and in the literary world, perfectly complement Paramount’s commitment to making original and entertaining films,” said Paramount president of production Marc Evans. “I am delighted to welcome such a phenomenal executive to the team.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR