Fox Film Executive Phil Provenzale Dies at 61
The international senior vp spent 16 years at the studio following a stint at Carolco Pictures.
Phil Provenzale, a veteran postproduction and theatrical services executive at 20th Century Fox International, died Thursday of cancer at City of Hope. He was 61.
Provenzale, a senior vp, was brought to the company in 1996 by Jim Gianopulos, now chairman and CEO of Fox Filmed Entertainment. He previously served as a senior vp at the independent film company Carolco Pictures.
At Fox, the well-respected Provenzale helped the company manage the delivery of film and trailer elements in the exponentially growing international marketplace through the challenges of worldwide day-and-date release patterns, the transition to digital and the advent of 3D.
Survivors include his wife, Andrea, and their sons, Michael and Joey.
A funeral mass will take place at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Saint Euphrasia Catholic Church in Granada Hills, with burial at 3 p.m. at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Los Angeles.
Donations can be made to City of Hope, the Cambodian Children’s Fund, Mend Poverty or the UCLA Ted Gagliano Brain Tumor Research Fund.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!