Fox Finalizing Deal for Layoff Reality Show
The network stirred controversy in 2009 by courting a similar program, which did not make it to air.
Fox is in final discussions to pick up Does Someone Have To Go, a reality show in which employees at a troubled office are asked to choose whether to give a coworker the axe, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
In 2009, the network floated a similar idea for a show, which would have seen a struggling business dismiss one employee every episode. That project, called Someone’s Gotta Go, was criticized as insensitive at the time, and its pilot never aired.
The revamped project is said to be gentler, with letting an employee go optional. In addition, the businesses are said not to be economically distressed, as was the case in the 2009 project.
The order is confirmed to be for four episodes.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR