Fox International Channels to Air Taipei Golden Horse Awards Live
Star Chinese Movies, a channel of the 21st Century Fox unit, will air the film awards show, considered the most prestigious in Chinese-language cinema, in the U.S. and six other territories.
TAIPEI, Taiwan – This year's Taipei Golden Horse Awards, the 50th edition of the Chinese cinema honors, will be broadcast live in the U.S. and six other countries for the first time by Fox International Channel's Star Chinese Movies channel.
The Golden Horse Horse Awards ceremony will be held on Nov. 23, capping off the Taipei Golden Horse Film Festival. Often referred to as Taiwan's version of the Oscars, the Golden Horse Awards are the oldest and most established film honors in Chinese cinema.
Additional territories that will be able to view the awards show live include Hong Kong, Thailand, Indonesia, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
Competing in for the best film category this year are Johnnie To's narco thriller, Drug War, Wong Kar Wai's The Grandmaster, Cannes Camera d'Or winner Ilo Ilo from Singapore's Anthony Chen, Taiwan's own Stray Dogs from Tsai Ming-liang, who took the Special Jury Prize at Venice, and Jia Zhangke's A Touch of Sin, winner of the best screenplay award at Cannes. Two-time Oscar winner Ang Lee, who is chairing the jury for this year's awards, will present the best film trophy in person at the event.
“SCM is proud to be bringing the prestigious Golden Horse Awards this year to so many countries around the world, especially as many of the films from our line-up have garnered such an impressive number of nominations,” says Cora Yim, senior vp of the Chinese Channels Group at FOX International Channels. “This is just the beginning of Chinese content’s rise in popularity not just across Asia but in western countries as well, and FIC will continue to lead the curve in catering to this need globally.”
FIC is the international arm of Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century FOX’s multi-media business. In Asia, FIC operates or distributes over 30 channel brands, including the FOX, STAR and National Geographic brands.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!