Fox International Channels Promotes Ward Platt to COO Role
The global channels unit of Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. elevates its head of Asia and the Middle East, with Zubin Gandevia becoming Asia president.
LONDON - News Corp.'s Fox International Channels said Wednesday that it has promoted Ward Platt to the role of COO.
He will also serve as CEO of the unit’s National Geographic Channels International. Platt will continue to report to Hernan Lopez, president and CEO of Fox International Channels.
Platt previously served as president, Asia Pacific and the Middle East for Fox International Channels. He will relocate from Hong Kong to LA and focus on executing the division's growth plans around the world. He will also oversee international programming, marketing, operations, syndication and finance for the National Geographic Channels outside of the U.S.
Meanwhile, Zubin Gandevia, who currently serves as COO of Fox International Channels Asia has been promoted to president of Fox International Channels Asia. Based in Hong Kong, he will continue to report to Platt.
Fox International Channels has 300-plus wholly- and majority-owned entertainment, factual, sports, movie and lifestyle channels across Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa. The networks and their related mobile and other extensions reach more than 1.6 billion households worldwide. The fast-growing unit of Rupert Murdoch's media empire will be part of 21st Century Fox after the split of News Corp., which is scheduled to be completed at the end of the month.
“I have been fortunate to work with Ward for the past 11 years,” said Lopez. “He has built our business in Asia from the ground up, turning it into a model in the region. I am delighted to have him step up to this new and expanded role.”
Said Platt: “FIC as a company is incredibly dynamic with a "can do" culture, and I am grateful for this opportunity to continue working alongside my colleagues to help Hernan take the Fox International Channels and National Geographic Channels International businesses to new heights."
Platt joined FIC in 1999 to spearhead the development of the National Geographic Channel in the Asia Pacific region and the Middle East as group managing director.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!