Fox International Channels Unveils New Sports Division
Peter Hutton will be senior vice president and lead the group.
Fox International Channels and Fox Sports Media Group announced Thursday they are establishing a new division called FIC Sports.
Its mission is centralize Fox's international sports interests under one group to increase revenues through syndication and to support News Corp's sports activities and worldwide strategies.
It will be led by longtime TV exec and producer Peter Hutton, who will be senior vice president. He'll reports to Hernan Lopez, FIC's president and CEO, who is based in London.
“As FIC enters the sports syndication business, we are thrilled that an executive of Peter’s caliber has joined the company,” says Lopez in a statement. “Combining his extensive experience in dealing with international sports television rights and the creative eye of a television producer, Peter is uniquely qualified to lead this new endeavor.”
Hutton was most recently a partner an director at Broadreach Media, consulting clients such as FIC, Sportsband Media Group and Willow Cricket.
Two U.S.-based execs will also join the FIC Sports team: Peter Marco, vp of business and legal affairs, who will oversee the division’s business, legal and strategy needs; and Josh Oakley, director of acquisitions, who will manage rights acquisitions and coordinate operational needs.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)