Fox Launches Foxcrime Channel in Africa
The pay channel, which bows on South Africa's DStv network, features procedurals including “Criminal Minds,” “CSI” and new FX series “The Bridge.”
Fox International Channels has launched its crime-themed pay channel Foxcrime in Africa, with the branded net going out on South Africa's DStv network, which reaches 1.6 million subscribers.
Foxcrime is a procedural-heavy channel, featuring such series as Criminal Minds, CSI and Blue Bloods, along with new productions including The Bridge, an adaptation of the hit Scandinavian series, which FIC co-produced and which airs on FX Network in the U.S.
For its South African broadcast, Foxcrime will also air Case Files: Africa, a factual slot focusing on infamous crime stories from across the continent.
Foxcrime originally launched in Italy in 2006 and now reaches some 25 million homes globally.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game