Fox, MGM fight breast cancer with DVD sale
20th Century Fox and MGM are teaming up on a giant DVD sale to raise money for the fight against breast cancer.
The two studios on Sept. 18 will re-release a dozen DVD titles that appeal to women including "Thelma and Louise" and "Never Been Kissed," in distinct pink packaging. Fifty cents from each DVD sold (the list price is $14.98) will go to Susan G. Komen for the Cure, a leading research organization in the fight against the disease.
The studios have pledged a minimum donation of $250,000 in what's being billed as "DVDs for the Cure."
"Consumers are evaluating the effects of their purchasing dollars and given the choice will pick a product that positively impacts the greater good, whether it's a green purchase to benefit the environment, a red product for relief in Africa, or a pink product to support the quest for a breast cancer cure," said Steve Feldstein, senior vp marketing communications at 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment.
Other titles in the promotion, which will be supported by significant trade and consumer marketing campaigns, include "An Affair to Remember," "A Walk in the Clouds," "Entrapment," "Ever After," "In Her Shoes," "Legally Blonde," "Mermaids," "Moulin Rouge," "Say Anything" and "There's Something About Mary."
20th Century Fox and MGM have sponsored and contributed to various other charitable groups, including St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, the USO and the Marine Mammal Center. But their support to Susan G. Komen for the Cure is their largest charitable campaign to great, the studios said.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!