Fox nabs film rights to '29: A Novel'
Studio hopes to turn book into 'event movie for women'
Fox is going young with "29: A Novel," picking up screen rights to Adena Halpern's comedic tome, with John Davis attached to produce.
Halpern's novel centers on a 75-year-old woman obsessed with remaining young. On her birthday, she wishes she was 29 again, just for one day, and when it comes true, she teams with her young granddaughter to embark on an adventure. Meanwhile, the woman's middle-aged daughter and 75-year-old best friend believe her to be kidnapped and set out on their own escapade.
The book hit stores June 15.
No director or writer is attached, though the studio is hoping to turn the book into "an event movie for women."
Fox-based Davis had two movies released this summer: "Predators," which he produced with Robert Rodriguez, and "Marmaduke."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'