Fox News Denies Roger Ailes Thinks Sarah Palin Is 'an Idiot'
The news chief reportedly insulted the former Alaska governor, according to an unnamed Republican confidant quoted in New York magazine.
Fox News Channel wants to set the record straight.
Network execs are denying that Fox News chief Roger Ailes called contributor and former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin "an idiot," as a "source close" to him claims in a New York magazine article.
The magazine piece quotes "a Republican close to Ailes" who says, "He helped boost her up. People like Sarah Palin haven’t elevated the conservative movement." Ailes declined comment to New York.
Snaps back Fox News Channel executive vice president of programming Bill Shine in a statement to the New York Times: "I know for a fact that Roger Ailes admires and respects Sarah Palin and thinks she is smart."
"He also believes many members of the left-wing media are extremely terrified and threatened by her. Despite a massive effort to destroy Sarah Palin, she is still on her feet and making a difference in the political world," the statement goes on.
"As for the ‘Republican close to Ailes’ for which the incorrect Palin quote is attributed, when Roger figures out who that is, I guarantee you he or she will no longer be ‘close to Ailes,'" he adds.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR