Fox News Gives Former Swimsuit Model Carol Alt New Health and Lifestyle Show (Exclusive)
The former Sports Illustrated swimsuit model will host a weekend show.
Carol Alt has landed her own weekend show on the Fox News Channel, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
In somewhat of a departure for the network, the 1980s supermodel won't be discussing politics or current events but instead will offer advice on beauty and healthy living.
Alt became a sensation in 1982 when she was featured on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, and her image has graced about 700 magazine covers.
At the peak of her popularity, Alt also self-produced calendars and posters, which became best-sellers and encouraged other models to do likewise.
She has had some success as an actor, as well, landing dozens of guest roles in the 1990s on TV shows including Wings and appearing in the TV movie Amazon. More recently, she finished third on The Celebrity Apprentice and appeared on Fox News to promote her cookbook, Easy Sexy Raw.
See video of the segment below.
"Living well is an important topic for discussion," said Fox News executive vp programming Bill Shine. "As a renowned supermodel, Carol has embodied a healthy lifestyle for years and will bring both informative and helpful ideas to our viewers."
The show is expected to debut in the summer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram