'Fox News Sunday' Books Mitt Romney During Melissa Harris-Perry Controversy
The former Massachusetts governor and Republican presidential candidate will be interviewed by Chris Wallace after comments were made about his adopted black grandson.
Mitt Romney has booked a rare TV interview -- not so coincidentally during the same week he's been in the headlines for controversial comments made by MSNBC's Melissa Harris-Perry.
Fox News Channel announced Friday that the former Massachusetts governor and 2012 Republican presidential candidate will appear during the Jan. 5 episode of Fox News Sunday where he'll be interviewed by Chris Wallace.
Romney, who will discuss the Affordable Care Act and security around the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics, will also likely address the lingering fallout from Harris-Perry mocking a Romney family photo on air this past weekend. While discussing the Romneys' Christmas card, Harris-Perry and other members of the panel pointed out Romney's adopted black grandson, Kieran Romney, who was seated on the politician's lap.
Harris-Perry, who mostly laughed at comments made by fellow panelists -- actress Pia Glenn said, “One of these things is not like the other." -- did get flak for making a comment about baby Kieran one day marrying Kanye West and Kim Kardashian's baby daughter.
The host quickly issued an apology on Twitter, writing, "I am sorry. Without reservation or qualification. I apologize to the Romney family. … As black child born into large white Mormon family I feel familiarity w/ Romney family pic & never meant to suggest otherwise."
That apology has not slowed criticism for the segment. It remained a subject of debate on MSNBC competitors CNN and Fox News Channel throughout Thursday night.
Fox News Sunday airs on Fox affiliates Sunday morning with an encore on FNC at 2 p.m. ET.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services