Fox-Owned Making Fun Incorporates ‘Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter’ into Facebook Game
The Hidden Haunts Facebook game now includes nine scenes from producer Tim Burton’s and director Timur Bekmambetov’s film.
Fox is keeping it all in the house when it comes to its 3D summer movie, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Making Fun, Inc., a division of News Corporation Digital Media Group, has cut a deal with Fox Digital Entertainment to integrate nine scenes from producer Tim Burton’s and director Timur Bekmambetov’s 3D action movie into its popular Hidden Haunts Facebook game.
The 20th Century Fox movie, which bows June 22, is already being cross-promoted in the hidden object social game. John Welch, president of Making Fun, said the game’s dark, supernatural tone and vintage-styled, photo-realistic scenes syncs perfectly with the new history-bending movie. The game will allow fans of the bestselling book to connect with characters from the film before the theatrical release.
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter is a stylish, tongue-in-cheek mash-up and a high-octane thrill-ride,” said Rick Phillips, SVP, Mobile, FDE. “We’re pleased to give action movie fans, vampire fans, gamers, and history buffs a chance to expand their enjoyment through Hidden Haunts gaming and Facebook social media.”
Hidden Haunts is a free-to-play Facebook game with episodic content releases, and a strong emphasis on social mechanics. Hidden Haunts has successfully innovated the integration of beautifully staged photography, rather than scenic illustrations commonly found in the genre.
Making Fun, Inc., a division of News Corporation Digital Media Group, is a full-service social games publishing company. Welch said the company blends the financial, production, technology and marketing resources of a big publisher with the passion and creativity of independent developers to deliver an innovative and diverse portfolio of games. By working with external studios across a variety of platforms — including social networks, smartphones and tablets — Making Fun is working to bring high-quality games to consumers on their preferred device.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Ian Somerhalder Sings Smokey Robinson Classic in 'Esquire China' Behind the Scene Video - Watch Now!
- 'Glee'Actor Harry Shum Jr. is Engaged to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara!
- Nicole Richie Proudly Rocks New Purple Hair at Lunch with Joel Madden!
- Zooey Deschanel's 'New Girl' & Mindy Kaling's 'Mindy Project' Get Early Renewals From Fox!