Fox Picks Up Dramas 'Alcatraz,' 'The Finder' to Series; Ends 'Human Target'
"Alcatraz" is from J.J. Abrams, while "Finder" is a "Bones" spinoff starring Geoff Stults.
Fox adds to its series pickups with dramas Alcatraz and The Finder.
The former, from J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Prods. and Warner Bros. TV, is a crime drama revolving around Alcatraz and the team investigating the mysterious reappearance of its 1960s inhabitants in the present. The latter, a Bones spinoff from sister studio 20th TV, centers on a military-trained "finder" (Geoff Stults) who helps locate lost items or persons in the Florida Keys.
Alcatraz gained early buzz and a fan in Fox's Peter Rice, according to sources, though some questioned whether the net had room for another mystery drama with Abrams' Fringe already on the schedule. For its part, The Finder, which recently rolled out as a back-door pilot, won high marks internally, particularly by those who wanted to find a way to continue the Bones franchise once the long-running --and thus pricey- original ends.
To make room, one source with knowledge of the situation says drama Human Target has been canceled. Fox pilot Weekends at Bellevue, starring Lauren Ambrose, is also said to be dead.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack