Fox plants pair of Brits in 'Oaks' cast
Fox and 20th Century Fox TV are going with a cast of relatively unknown actors for the high-profile new series "The Oaks."
British actresses Gina McKee and Sienna Guillory have landed lead roles on the project, joining previously cast Bahar Soomekh, Matt Lanter and Shannon Lucio.
Written by David Schulner and to be run by Shawn Ryan, "Oaks" tells the intertwined stories of three families -- a young couple who have just lost a child in 1968, a family of four in 1988 and a pregnant couple in 2008 -- who live in the same house and are haunted by a restless spirit.
McKee will play the wife in the 1988 family, a harried mother of two struggling to keep passion alive in her marriage. Guillory will play the 2008 couple's neighbor with Asperger's syndrome who went to school with the father-to-be and shares a secret with him.
The casting of McKee and Guillory continues the trend from last development season of casting U.K. actors as American characters in lead roles.
Michael Cuesta is directing the pilot for "Oaks," which is slated to begin production in November.
McKee, who appears in "Atonement" and "When Did You Last See Your Father," is repped by Larry Taube at Principal Entertainment and PFD in London.
Guillory recently starred in "Eragon."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR