Fox Renews 'Bones' for Seventh Season
Star David Boreanaz breaks the news on Twitter Monday night.
Fox has renewed its forensic drama series Bones for a seventh season, with a formal announcement expected to come as soon as Tuesday.
The news comes after another round of down-to-the-wire negotiations between host network Fox and its sister studio 20th TV. The cast and crew of Bones found themselves in a similar situation in the spring of 2009, when talks dragged on until just before Fox’s upfront presentation to advertisers.
On a conference call with reporters last month, showrunner Hart Hanson said that he was "confident" a deal would be reached for the show’s seventh season. What isn’t as clear is how the show will handle star Emily Deschanel's pregnancy, with Hanson noting a host of potential options, including a shorter season or a collection of episodes that don’t feature Deschanel.
Star David Boreanaz first announced news of Bones' renewal on Twitter, tweeting: "Season 7 is GO for Bones."
The network has a potential Bones spinoff starring Geoff Stults in contention. The back-door pilot, which aired in late April, drew 11 million viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed