Fox Searchlight acquires Hilary Swank pic
'Betty Anne Waters' helmed by Tony Goldwyn
Fox Searchlight, which released the Hilary Swank starrer "Amelia" in October, is reteaming with the actress.
The specialty distributor has acquired North American and select international rights to "Betty Anne Waters" from Omega Entertainment.
Directed by Tony Goldwyn and written by Pamela Gray, the based-on-a-true-story movie stars Swank as a high school dropout and single mom who puts herself through law school in order to overturn the murder conviction of her brother (Sam Rockwell). The cast also includes Melissa Leo, Minnie Driver, Juliette Lewis and Peter Gallagher.
The film was produced by Andrew Sugerman, Andrew S. Karsch and Goldwyn, with Swank as executive producer. It is scheduled for a fall release.
The deal was brokered by Searchlight's Tony Safford and Megan O'Brien with Markus Barmettler on behalf of Omega and with CAA, which assisted in financing the movie and reps the filmmakers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR