Fox Searchlight Taps Frank Rodriguez as Distribution Exec
Rodriguez returns to the studio after 14 years at DreamWorks and Paramount.
Frank Rodriguez has been hired as senior VP, assistant general sales manager at Fox Searchlight.
Rodriguez, who will report to Searchlight exec vp of distribution Sheila DeLoach, comes to the company after 14 years at DreamWorks and Paramount Pictures.
The move is a bit of a homecoming for Rodriguez, began his career with Pyramid Film and Video in 1981 but starting in 1982 spent over 15 years at Twentieth Century Fox in various positions. In 1995 he acted as Searchlight’s vp of sales, eastern division, working on the company’s first film, Ed Burns’ The Brothers McMullen.
He joined DreamWorks in 1997 then moved to Paramount when the latter acquired the former.
“Frank is an exceptional executive who has spent many years in distribution and brings a wealth of expertise and vision to our team. His passion and enthusiasm for independent film is a perfect fit, and we are proud to welcome him home to Fox Searchlight,” said DeLoach in statement.
“I am thrilled to be returning to the studio where I began my career. I have always had fond remembrances of my time with Twentieth Century Fox and Fox Searchlight and look forward to working with the Searchlight team, filmmakers, and artists who are the creators of unique quality art/ specialized films,” stated Rodriguez.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR