Fox Searchlight Puts 'Hitchcock' in Oscar Race With November Release Date
The Anthony Hopkins drama centers on Alfred Hitchcock and the making of "Psycho."
Fox Searchlight has set a Nov. 23 release date for Hitchcock, a fact-based drama about Alfred Hitchcock and the making of his classic film Psycho.
The move, announced Thursday, adds the film to the thick of the Academy Awards race.
Starring Anthony Hopkins as the legendary director and with a cast that includes Helen Mirren, Scarlett Johansson, Danny Huston and Toni Collette, the film is a love story about Hitchcock's relationship with wife Alma Reville during the making of the seminal 1960 horror film.
Searchlight will give Hitchcock, directed by Sacha Gervasi, a platform release.
Hitchcock enters a crowded corridor for awards contenders. Life of Pi, from Searchlight parent studio 20th Century Fox, and Silver Linings Playbook both open nationwide Nov. 21, and Rust and Bone opens Nov. 23 in limited release.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR