Fox sets 'Code 58' for summer
Comedy will have previews before 'American Idol'
Fox is dialing "Code 58" for summer.
The network is slotting the action comedy from "Burn Notice" creator Matt Nix for Mondays at 9 p.m., beginning June 7.
The show, formerly "Jack and Dan," will get a jump-start with two May previews airing before the Wednesday "American Idol" results show on May 12 and May 19.
"Fox really embraced the quirkier, more unconventional aspects of the show, and even encouraged me to go further with them," said Nix, who will have two summer series this year, "Code 58" and "Burn Notice" on USA Network.
"Code 58," starring Colin Hanks and Bradley Whitford, was picked up straight-to-series and is produced by Fox TV Studios under the company's international co-production model.
It centers on Jack (Hanks), an ambitious, by-the-book detective whose habit of undermining himself has resulted in a dead-end position at the Los Angeles Police Department. Worse, he has been partnered with Dan (Whitford), a drunken, lecherous, wild-card cop who hangs on to his job only because of a heroic act years before.
Nix executive produces the series with Mikkel Bondesen. Tim Matheson directs the pilot episode.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)