Fox Sets 'Die Hard 5' Director
4:33 PM PST 2/11/2011 by Pamela McClintock
Twentieth Century Fox has set Noam Murro to direct the fifth installment in the Die Hard action franchise. Bruce Willis will return in the title role.It's a bold choice. Murro is an acclaimed commercials director who has been nominated five times for the DGA’s director of the year award, and won once. He also has won the Gold Lion at the Cannes Gold Lions awards. Murro’s sole feature directing credit is Smart People, from Miramax. Skip Woods will write the script for the untitled Die Hard pic. Woods is no stranger on the Fox lot, having co-written the scripts for X-Men Origins: Wolverine and The A-Team. In 2007, Fox successfully relaunched the Die Hard series with Live Free or Die Hard. Pic grossed $134.5 million domestically and $249 million overseas for a global total of $383.5 million. Murro is repped by CAA and Management 360.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR