Fox Shifts 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' to 'Fast & Furious 7' Release Date
Production on the car action sequel is on hold indefinitely after the death of star Paul Walker.
Fox has shifted the release date for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes up one week, from July 18, 2014 to July 11, 2014.
The July 11 release date is currently home to Fast & Furious 7, the next installment in the action franchise. However, after the death of star Paul Walker in a car crash on Nov. 30, Universal delayed the restart of production. Already on a very tight schedule, the film's release will likely have to be pushed back, opening up that date for another tentpole film.
Fox's sequel to the 2011 film Rise of the Planet of the Apes is directed by Matt Reeves and stars Andy Serkis, Gary Oldman, Jason Clarke and Keri Russell. The story, set more than a decade after the events of Rise, follows a group of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar (a motion-captured Serkis), who is trying to maintain dominance over his kingdom.
Peter Chernin, Dylan Clarke, Amanda Silver and Rick Jaffa are producing the movie, which is working off a script by Mark Bomback.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10