Fox Sports LatAm Acquires Rights to Sochi, Rio Olympic Games
Fox bought the rights for an undisclosed amount from America Movil.
MEXICO CITY – Fox Sports Latin America has acquired rights to the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia and the 2016 Summer Games in Rio de Janeiro.
Set to begin Olympics coverage on Feb. 7 in Sochi, Fox Sports will broadcast the games across all Spanish-speaking countries in Latin America via television and online services.
Fox bought the rights for an undisclosed amount from America Movil, the Mexican telecom outfit owned by Carlos Slim, the world's second-richest man.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'