Fox Takes Over Distribution for Pathe U.K.
The deal ends distribution duties previously split between Fox and Warner for French-owned Pathe U.K.'s theatrical, home entertainment and television distribution.
LONDON -- Twentieth Century Fox has taken over exclusive control of French-owned Pathe U.K.'s theatrical, home entertainment and television distribution activity.
The deal marks the end to distribution duties previously split between Fox and Warner for Pathe here.
The expanded U.K. partnership between Pathe and Fox, effective from Tuesday, marks a continued commitment between duo that also includes a 15-year alliance in France where the companies are partners in a home entertainment joint venture.
Through the deal, Pathe U.K. will continue to devise marketing campaigns for each of its films and to fund the P&A for each release while Fox does the physical leg work.
The parties were at pains to point out the fresh agreement will have no impact on the existing structure of Pathe U.K., which will maintain its focus on the development, production, marketing and international sales of its own titles and occasional acquisition.
Pathe exec vp Francois Ivernel and U.K. managing director Cameron McCracken jointly said they had enjoyed a "very happy relationship with Warner Bros. over the past couple of years," but had taken the tough decision to go with a fresh overseas studio distribution machine "given the ever-increasing complexity of distribution windows and media platforms, we felt it made sense for one studio to manage the licensing process across all rights."
Pathe and Fox have worked on a slew of titles together, including DannyBoyle's 127 Hours, which was co-financed between the two companies, but theatrically distributed by Warner Bros. in the U.K.
Pathe U.K.'s first production of 2011 is Phyllida Lloyd's The Iron Lady, based on the life of Brit Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, starring Meryl Streep and Jim Broadbent.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Mila Kunis & Olivia Wilde Take Us on an Emotional Roller Coaster in 'Third Person' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!