Fox Takes French Crime Drama 'Braquo' for U.K., Italy
The drama from Canal Plus, which Hulu carries in the U.S., has sold to some 90 territories worldwide.
Fox has snapped up gritty French crime drama Braquo for its pay TV channels in the U.K. and Italy, with joint venture Foxtel taking the third season of Braquo for Australia.
Zodiak Rights lined up a series of new deals for the show, which premieres its third season on French pay TV network Canal Plus Feb. 10, with broadcasters in Brazil (Globosat), Israel (Hot) and New Zealand (Rialto) among the many buyers.
Braquo, winner of the International Emmy for best drama series in 2012, follows a squad of Parisian cops who bend (and break) the rules to do their jobs. The third season, in which the squad confronts the city's Russian mafia, is written by Abdel Raouf Dafri, who penned the script to Jacques Audiard's Oscar-nominated A Prophet (2009). Jean-Hugues Anglade (Nikita), Joseph Malerba (Marie Antoinette) and Polisse actors Karole Rocher and Nicolas Duvauchelle star. The first two seasons of Braquo were shown in the U.S. on Hulu.
Zodiak, which holds worldwide distribution rights to the show, has sold Braquo to 90 territories, earning it the TVF1 export prize in 2011, which honors the best-selling French program abroad.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kate Beckinsale Films 'Absolutely Anything' Alongside a Really Really Nice Car!
- Usher Narrows Down 'The Voice' Live Show Performers to Just Three - Meet Team Usher!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Help Plant a Tree in Australia!
- Sam Claflin Promotes 'The Quiet Ones' at His 'Meet The Actors' Session in NYC!