Fox Unveils Theme Park Plans: 'Alien,' 'Life of Pi' Set to Be Attractions
The park, featuring rides based on studio films, is set to open in 2016 in Malaysia.
Alien and Life of Pi attractions will co-exist in a new theme park planned by 20th Century Fox.
The 25-acre park is set to open in Malaysia in 2016, said Fox Consumer Products and Resorts World Genting in a joint statement. Other franchises like Ice Age, Rio and Night at the Museum will be featured.
The park will be located at the current site of the Genting Outdoor Theme Park, whose facilities will be getting a roughly $125 million upgrade beginning in September.
The park plans to create more than 25 rides based on Fox films across all genres. An animatronic parade featuring a mashup of all the characters is also planned.
"For the first time, audiences will soon be transported into the worlds of their favorite 20th Century Fox properties," said Jeffrey Godsick, president of Fox Consumer Products, in a statement. "Brought to life by our partner Resorts World Genting, this theme park marks the launch of our global location-based entertainment strategy."
Fox previously attempted an international theme park in 1999 with Fox Studios Backlot in Australia but the park closed two years later, noted The Wall Street Journal.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR