'The Simpsons,' 'Bob's Burgers' Help Fox Win Quiet Sunday
ABC is second, while CBS comes in third with the 18th season premiere of "Amazing Race" down double-digits.
Fox posted a narrow win over ABC on a slow Sunday night. The network's animated comedies averaged a 2.4 rating in the adult 18-49 demographic compared to ABC's 2.3. CBS pulled in the most total viewers with 10.4 million and was a close third with a 2.2 rating from 7-11 p.m.
ABC's America's Funniest Home Videos won the 7 p.m. hour (1.9, 8.1 million) followed by a Simpsons rerun and American Dad (1.8, 4.0 million). CBS' 60 Minutes (1.4, 11.4 million), which included a segment on Oscar nominated film The King's Speech, was third for the hour.
At 8 p.m., the 18th season premiere of The Amazing Race averaged a 2.4 rating with 9.1 million viewers, down 14% compared to last winter's premiere. That was still enough to tie ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition for the hour. But Fox was first with new episodes of The Simpsons and Bob's Burgers (2.5, 5.6 million
ABC won the 9 p.m. hour with a new episode of Desperate Housewives (3.1, 10.4 million) while CBS' CSI:Miami (2.2, 10.4 million) and NBC's Saturday Night Live primetime special (2.2, 6.2 million) tied at 10 p.m.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR