Fox's 'Hope' pilot switches it up with lead
Kate Micucci will play the role originally listed as Mike
Kate Micucci has landed a lead role on "Keep Hope Alive," Greg Garcia's comedy pilot for Fox.
The single-camera "Hope," from 20th TV, centers on Jimmy (Lucas Neff), a 25-year-old single parent raising an infant with the help of his quirky family after the mother of the baby -- with whom he had a one-night stand -- ends up on death row.
In a rare case of gender-switch during casting, Micucci will play the character originally listed as Mike, an unkempt, fairly oblivious cousin of Jimmy living in a tent in the laundry room of their great-grandmother's house.
Micucci, who has done arcs on "Scrubs" and "Four Kings," is repped by Gersh and Mosaic.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!