Fox's 'X Factor' to Have Two Hosts (Exclusive)
3:21 PM PDT 4/6/2011 by Shirley Halperin
Cecile Frot-Coutaz, CEO of FremantleMedia North America, also reveals in the new The Hollywood Reporter how American Idol and The X Factor won’t cannibalize each other’s audiences.
Simon Cowell may not be ready to reveal all the judges of his upcoming Fox show The X Factor, but The Hollywood Reporter is happy to announce one scoop: The show will have two hosts.
Speaking in the latest issue of THR, Cecile Frot-Coutaz - CEO of FremantleMedia North America (which produces X Factor) - says she is ensuring the Cowell’s old show American Idol and his new one won’t cannibalize each other’s audiences. “Our job is to make sure the two shows are as distinct as possible,” she tells THR. “For example: We’re making sure there are two entirely different teams with no overlap in terms of individuals who are working on both shows. And from a format and tonal standpoint, they’re very different. In terms of casting the judges, again, we’re making sure the looks are different. And I can reveal that we’ll have two hosts on The X Factor.” When it comes to producing or taking on a new show, Frot-Coutaz tells THR: "The overriding thing is that we’re a global company, so we’re not just looking to produce for the local market. We want shows that are format-able, transferable, promotable and fairly universal in appeal. That’s the business model: to make 30 versions of it. Familiarity is important, too. There was nothing that original about Idol Š but it was a different way of presenting something that was familiar. And you have to be able to scale up, so if a show only works for two or three episodes, that’s also not a good thing. Then sometimes, the best ideas are the ones you stumble upon which come in through the back door."
our editor recommends
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack