Frank Hoffmann Takes Over at RTL Television
The Cologne-based broadcaster is Germany's leading commercial network.
BERLIN– Frank Hoffmann will take over as the head of German commercial broadcasting group RTL Television, starting in February of next year. In his new post, he will oversee operations at commercial channel RTL – Germany’s number-one free TV network.
Hoffmann will report to Anke Schaferkordt, who last year was named co-CEO of the entire RTL Group and who oversees RTL's entire broadcast operations in Germany, which include RTL, sister channels Vox and n-TV and RTL's stakes in RTL2 and kids channel Super RTL.
Hoffmann is currently head of Vox, the Cologne-based network which has proven a training ground for future RTL bosses. Schaferkordt also ran the Vox network before being promoted to head of RTL Television.
Bernd Reichart, currently managing director at RTL Group’s Spanish network Antena 3, will take over Hoffmann’s job as head of Vox.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game