Frank Ocean Cancels Australian Tour With Vocal Cord Tear
Ocean's doctors have advised him to cancel his sold-out tour Down Under and rest.
Frank Ocean has canceled his sold-out Australian tour after suffering throat problems on opening night. A trip to the doctor has revealed that he has a tear in one of his vocal chords.
The rising R&B star had launched his inaugural tour Down Under with a concert on Thursday night at Melbourne’s Festival Hall. But he didn’t pull up well.
Ocean’s Friday night show, at the same venue, has been shelved, and two shows next week (July 29 and July 30) at Sydney’s Hordern Pavilion have also been axed, tour promoter Live Nation said today. His planned performance at Splendour in the Grass this Sunday is off, as well.
"After last night's concert ... it was necessary to seek medical advice due to vocal issues Frank Ocean experienced during the show," the promoter said in a statement. "It has subsequently been confirmed that Frank has suffered a small tear to one of his vocal cords and has received medical advice that he must rest his voice."
A fourth date was added when his first three shows sold out in "mere minutes," according to LN.
Ocean’s mini-tour was built around his planned appearance at Splendour, located in the eastern beach town of Byron Bay. “With Splendour already in full swing, this is devastating news for the event and will be for many of our patrons," a spokesperson for the festival said.
The Grammy winner was noticeably off-key on opening night. And he didn’t mind sharing the news. During a performance of “Forrest Gump,” he told the audience, “I’m sick … I don’t know if you care,” according to reports.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!