Frans Afman (1933-2011)
The banker who changed Cannes and revolutionized indie film.
The entire foundation of the independent film industry was built on the back of a single financing device: banking "presales," which were pioneered 36 years ago by Frans Afman, an innovative banker who headed the entertainment division at Credit Lyonnais and died May 4 at age 77.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR