Fred Ward joining '30 Minutes or Less'
Actor cast as Danny McBride's dad in action comedy
Fred Ward has been cast in the MRC/Columbia feature "30 Minutes or Less."
"Zombieland" helmer Ruben Fleischer is directing the action comedy, which revolves around two criminals who force a junior-high history teacher and a pizza-delivery man to rob a bank by strapping one of them into a bomb vest. Jesse Eisenberg, Danny McBride, Michael Pena, Nick Swardson and Aziz Ansari star.
Ward will play "The Major," the father of McBride's character. Michael Diliberti and Matthew Sullivan wrote the screenplay.
Ben Stiller, Stuart Cornfeld and Jeremy Kramer are producing through their Red Hour Films. The pic is scheduled to begin filming late next month in Grand Rapids, Mich.
The Fortitude-repped Ward has starred in "The Right Stuff," "Tremors," "Henry & June," "The Player," "Short Cuts" and "Joe Dirt." He recently appeared in the heist film "Armored" and on the Showtime series "United States of Tara."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche