Freestyle Acquires Yam Laranas' 'The Road'
The Filipino horror film will roll out theatrically and on digital platforms on May 11.
Freestyle Releasing has acquired U.S. rights to Yam Laranas’ horror film The Road, which it will release day-and-date in theaters in 16 markets and on digital platforms on May 11.
The film, in Filipino and English, involves the investigation into a 12-year-old case that is reopened when three teenagers vanish on an abandoned road.
The deal was brokered by Mark Borde, Co-President of Freestyle Releasing and Susan Jackson, CEO of Freestyle Digital Media with Annette Gozon-Abrogar of GMA Films and Laranas, who is also a producer of the film.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!