Fremantle Corp. Acquires International Rights to 'Memphis'
Canadian distributor takes international rights to Broadway musical.
TORONTO -- The Fremantle Corp. has acquired the international distribution rights to Memphis, the Broadway musical with songs penned by Bon Jovi band member David Bryan.
Toronto-based Fremantle will start shopping the two-hour, HD musical special event from Broadway Worldwide at MIP-TV 2011.
Memphis, set in 1950s underground dance clubs, portrays a white DJ looking to change the world and a black club singer ready for her big break.
Fremantle is also repping other Direct from Broadway-branded titles, including Jekyll & Hyde, starring David Hasselhoff, Smokey Joe’s Café, Putting It Together and Duke Ellington’s Sophisticated Ladies.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR