FremantleMedia Acquires Format Rights to Canadian TV Food Competition Series
"Recipe to Riches," which has home cooks compete to have their winning recipe sold on grocery store shelves, is produced by Temple Street Productions.
TORONTO - Temple Street Productions has sold the international format and licensing rights for the Canadian competition TV series Recipe to Riches to FremantleMedia and FremantleMedia Enterprises, a spokesperson for the indie producer said Tuesday.
The reality series has home cooks compete to have their winning recipe sold in a nationwide grocery chain as a branded product.
Each episode has cooks competing in one of seven food categories, including appetizers and entrées.
The Canadian series, which airs on Shaw Media's Food Network and Global Television channels, is sponsored locally by the Loblaws grocery chain.
Shaw Media recently announced a second season for Recipe to Riches, with the winner to earn a top prize of $250,000.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!