FremantleMedia Acquires Format Rights to Canadian TV Food Competition Series
"Recipe to Riches," which has home cooks compete to have their winning recipe sold on grocery store shelves, is produced by Temple Street Productions.
TORONTO - Temple Street Productions has sold the international format and licensing rights for the Canadian competition TV series Recipe to Riches to FremantleMedia and FremantleMedia Enterprises, a spokesperson for the indie producer said Tuesday.
The reality series has home cooks compete to have their winning recipe sold in a nationwide grocery chain as a branded product.
Each episode has cooks competing in one of seven food categories, including appetizers and entrées.
The Canadian series, which airs on Shaw Media's Food Network and Global Television channels, is sponsored locally by the Loblaws grocery chain.
Shaw Media recently announced a second season for Recipe to Riches, with the winner to earn a top prize of $250,000.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR