Former FremantleMedia Exec Renae Garcia Joins Canada's Marblemedia
The Los Angeles-based executive will head up U.S. development and acquisitions for the Toronto-based TV producer.
TORONTO -- Former FremantleMedia development exec Renae Garcia has been hired by Canadian indie producer Marblemedia, based in Los Angeles.
Garcia, most recently director of acquisitions and development at FremantleMedia, becomes director of U.S. development and acquisitions.
She also completed executive stints at Alchemy Television, and the ICM and CAA talent agencies.
“As our development slate broadens into the prime-time scripted space, expanding our presence in L.A. is a natural next step,” Matt Hornburg, co-CEO and executive producer at Marblemedia, said in a statement.
The Canadian producer is only the latest to enter the U.S. scripted TV market after rivals like Thunderbird Films, Shaftesbury and Entertainment One earlier opened Hollywood bases to make dramas for the world market.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack