Former FremantleMedia Exec Renae Garcia Joins Canada's Marblemedia
The Los Angeles-based executive will head up U.S. development and acquisitions for the Toronto-based TV producer.
TORONTO -- Former FremantleMedia development exec Renae Garcia has been hired by Canadian indie producer Marblemedia, based in Los Angeles.
Garcia, most recently director of acquisitions and development at FremantleMedia, becomes director of U.S. development and acquisitions.
She also completed executive stints at Alchemy Television, and the ICM and CAA talent agencies.
“As our development slate broadens into the prime-time scripted space, expanding our presence in L.A. is a natural next step,” Matt Hornburg, co-CEO and executive producer at Marblemedia, said in a statement.
The Canadian producer is only the latest to enter the U.S. scripted TV market after rivals like Thunderbird Films, Shaftesbury and Entertainment One earlier opened Hollywood bases to make dramas for the world market.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR