Former FremantleMedia Exec Renae Garcia Joins Canada's Marblemedia
The Los Angeles-based executive will head up U.S. development and acquisitions for the Toronto-based TV producer.
TORONTO -- Former FremantleMedia development exec Renae Garcia has been hired by Canadian indie producer Marblemedia, based in Los Angeles.
Garcia, most recently director of acquisitions and development at FremantleMedia, becomes director of U.S. development and acquisitions.
She also completed executive stints at Alchemy Television, and the ICM and CAA talent agencies.
“As our development slate broadens into the prime-time scripted space, expanding our presence in L.A. is a natural next step,” Matt Hornburg, co-CEO and executive producer at Marblemedia, said in a statement.
The Canadian producer is only the latest to enter the U.S. scripted TV market after rivals like Thunderbird Films, Shaftesbury and Entertainment One earlier opened Hollywood bases to make dramas for the world market.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!
- Suki Waterhouse Gets Leggy at the Burberry Shanghai Launch with Cara Delevingne
- Isabel Lucas is Picture Perfect with Jim Sturgess at Tribeca Film Fest!