FremantleMedia International CEO David Ellender to Exit
He spent 12 years at the RTL Group unit, which produces such format hits as "American Idol" and "The X Factor."
COLOGNE -- David Ellender, CEO of FremantleMedia International, the commercial and exploitation arm of X Factor and American Idol producer FremantleMedia, is leaving the company.
Ellender has spent 12 years at Fremantle, a unit of Bertelsmann-controlled RTL Group. He helped expand the global reach of the company's hit formats.
He said on Thursday that he was leaving to "pursue new challenges."
Of his departure, FremantleMedia CEO Cecile Frot-Coutaz said Ellender "played a significant role in shaping and growing FremantleMedia into one of the world’s leading independent media companies."
She added: "We would like to thank him for his vision, leadership and the huge contribution he has made to the company. We wish him continued success in all his future endeavors. The announcement of a new head of FremantleMedia International will be made in due course.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!