FremantleMedia Names Ex-NBCUniversal Exec Julian Tomkins to M&A Role
Tomkins will look for mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships at the production giant owned by German media giant Bertelsmann's RTL Group.
BERLIN – FremantleMedia, the TV production firm owned by Bertelsmann's RTL Group, has named M&A expert Julian Tomkins to the newly-created position of director of strategy and mergers and acquisitions.
Tomkins, who as an international business development executive for NBCUniversal oversaw such major deals as the acquisition of the Carnival TV production group and Hallmark's international channel business, will oversee all M&A business at Fremantle, as well as the company's partnerships and joint venture operations.
He will be based in London, reporting directly to FremantleMedia CEO Cecile Frot-Coutaz.
"Julian’s extensive knowledge of content creation and the digital arena together with his strong track record in new business development and M&A will be a real asset as we look at all the options to grow FremantleMedia," Frot-Coutaz said.
Before NBCUniversal, Tomkins cut his teeth as an investment banker with such firms as Citigroup, Credit Suisse First Boston and Barclays.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR