FremantleMedia North America Taps Alex Demyanenko as SVP of Nonfiction Development
He will oversee development and programming for the cable networks in the newly created position.
FremantleMedia North America has tapped Alex Demyanenko to the newly created position of senior vice president of nonfiction development and programming.
In his new role, Demyanenko will oversee development and programming for the cable networks. He will report to Thom Beers, CEO of FremantleMedia North America, who made the announcement Thursday. Meanwhile, Julie Uribe, senior vice president of nonscripted development, will oversee development and programming for the broadcast networks.
Demyanenko joins the company from Shed Media U.S., where he produced the Basketball Wives franchise and Tough Enough. Prior to joining Shed, he worked at VH1, where he developed more than 20 series in four years, including Celebrity Rehab, Tough Love and The T.O. Show. A UCLA graduate and former journalist, Demyanenko also has worked at Rocket Science Laboratories and got his start in TV producing HBO's Bastards of the Party.
“Alex has an incredible reputation as a creative force in the industry,” said Beers. "We couldn’t be more excited to have Alex join us at FremantleMedia as we continue to ramp up our cable development."
Said Demyanenko: "I am thrilled to have been asked by Thom to join his stellar team. I'm excited to start creating more hit shows to add to FremantleMedia's already impressive slate of successes."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama